Tuesday, April 8, 2014

30 Days of Blog: Days 2 and 7 - Tia


Day 2 - 20 Facts About You
Believe it or not, even though I'm a blogger, I sometime find it hard to come up with a bunch of facts about myself. So I'm not being self-deprecating, but some of these may be a little boring.

1. I just got my 4th tattoo. And MY GOD did it hurt. Of all of the tattoos I've ever gotten, this one was hands down the most painful. There's a picture on our Instagram that you obviously follow us on, right…Right…RIGHT?!?!?!
2. I judge people who watch any of The Real Housewives shows but I will shamelessly watch 16 and Pregnant.
3. The only reason I don't live in London is because I'm afraid the constant gray weather would bum me out too much. (A friend of mine pointed out that if I did live in London and the weather was getting me down, I would just be a short train ride away from warm sunnier weather.)
4. I have pretty small feet for my height. I'm almost 5'10" and my feet measure a size 8.
5. I love gingers.
6. I'm lactose intolerant and ALL of my favorite foods have diary in them…except bacon.
7. I will always watch Love Actually if it's on even though I have it on DVD and digital.
8. I love really bad movies. The crappier the better. Sharknado is a masterpiece.
9. I used to be obsessed with the Titanic. Not the overly long movie but the actual ship. I watched documentaries. I have books about the sinking. I did unnecessary research on the sinking. I nerded it up for a boat that sank over 100 years ago.
10. I love bacon. No, seriously, LOVE IT. Would eat it everyday if I didn't care about my cholesterol.
11. I don't understand the fascination with Scarlett Johansson. No shade, I just don't get her.
12. I used to want 5 kids. Now I'm far too selfish for that many children.
13. I'm not a great dancer. I'm okay with that.
14. I will eat kettle corn until I'm on the verge of throwing up and then will stop eating just long enough for the feeling to pass and then keep eating it. It's a sickness. I just don't know when to stop.
15. I hate winter but I love Christmas.
16. I still have a tape deck.
17. I have a box full of children's books that I've purchased over the years to read to my kids.
18. I LOVE LOVE LOVE music.
19. I don't feel like a lot of people really get me.
20. Whenever I have to write a list like this I always struggle to come up with enough points and it makes me feel like my life isn't very interesting.

Day 7- Your 5 Favourite Songs
(I left the British spelling because I'm an anglophile like that.)
Listing my 5 favorite songs is an exercise in futility. I have one favorite song that never changes and that's "Children Say" by Level 42. That is my all time favorite song. But aside from that, the songs that I label favorite is an ever-rotating list.

That being sad, here are my other 4 favorite songs for the moment in no particular.



Katy Perry - Wide Awake
This is my go-to car/bathroom/shower karaoke song. I sing this song with all my might EVERY TIME.


Friendly Fires - Helpless
I would like to thank my road dawg Brandon for introducing me to the Friendly Fires. Pala is my joint and "Helpless" has been in the rotation a lot lately.


Alicia Keys ft. John Mayer - Lesson Learned
I'm going to go ahead and put this song on the permanent favorites list. I listen to it enough to qualify.


Kelly Clarkson - Let Me Down
This is my empowerment anthem. Whenever I'm sad or someone let's me down, I go straight to this song. And Ms Kelly Clarkson SANGS. You hear me!! This broad is ridiculous vocally.



1 comment:

Ivey said...

"Children Say" -- YAAAASSSSS! Sometimes I replay the intro 5 or 6 times before I let the rest of the song play! I found a link to the official video. The little girl in it is a cutie :)
http://www.jukebo.com/level-42/music-clip,children-say,qz530x.html